Morbidity in an Infant by Superabsorbent Polymer Ingestion

Henry Tan Chor Lip, Tan Jih Huei, V Muthualhagi A/P Vellusamy

Abstract


Superabsorbent polymer (SAP) ingestion is a potentially dangerous condition and may lead to morbidity and mortality. A 22-month-old girl presented with intestinal obstruction. At operation a SAP was found as a cause of intestinal obstruction. The child underwent second surgery for anastomotic leak and ileostomy was made.


Keywords


Superabsorbent polymer; Intestinal obstruction; Intestinal perforation; Morbidity; Foreign body ingestion

Full Text:

html PDF


DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21699/ajcr.v8i5.627

Refbacks





Copyright (c) 2017 Tan Chor Lip et al

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

ISSN: 2218-8185

EL-MED-Pub Publishers